Procrastination: we’ve all dealt with it at some point. But did you know it goes deeper than just putting off a task? In our minds, each task falls into one of four categories: expectancy, value, time or impulsivity. Or in layman’s terms, we don’t care, we’re not getting the wanted results, our time is too valuable, or we’re just downright impulsive.
Okay, great. But how do we combat procrastination?
• If you’re a morning person, work in the morning (or vice versa).
• Break large tasks into smaller ones.
• Focus on and complete one project at a time.
• Minimize distractions and multitasking.
– Erin O’Brien, The Atlanta 100