Visiting a farmers market is an awesome experience. There are a few things to consider when shopping around to have the fullest experience:
• Go early to get a shot at the best produce.
• Bring your own bags since those provided are flimsy.
• Consider some of the”uglier” produce — it could taste better for less.
• Have an open mind — there are lots of food options.
• Be social! Get to know the people making your food.
• Bulk buying has better deals, and the in-season harvest tastes the best.
• Get outside your comfort zone! You might find a new food to love.
– Elias Born, SLJ 100 Communications