Eight Colorado institutions – from Aurora to Denver to Aspen to Boulder and Louisville – have graced the list of semifinalists for the annual James Beard restaurant and chef awards. Colorado nominees include:
• Best new restaurant: Q House
• Best chef, Southwest: Caroline Glover, Annette, and Kelly Whitaker, The Wolf’s Tailor
• Outstanding baker: Andy Clark, Moxie Bread
• Outstanding pastry chef: Jeb Breakell, The Wolf’s Tailor
• Outstanding service: Frasca Food and Wine
• Outstanding wine service: Element 47 at the Little Nell
• Outstanding wine, spirits or beer producer: Todd and Scott Leopold, Leopold Bros.
The final round of nominees will be announced on March 27.
– Emily Tracy, The 100 Companies