Volunteer – it’s simple as that. Here’s how to enrich yourself and others.
1. Senior story swap – share stories with older adults to reduce loneliness and bridge generational gaps.
2. Plant the community green – host local plantings of trees and flowers.
3. Sponsor a pet shelter – get the whole family involved to clean cages, exercise the animals and find homes.
4. Operation inspiration – mobilize a group to leave Post-its with feel-good notes – cars, desks, mirrors, doors, anywhere!
5. Go abroad – if you want to take your volunteer commitment beyond the soup kitchen, clear a jungle or save a habitat.