Simplify your estate planning process with these five steps:
1. Use our questionnaire to list your assets, including current values.
2. Check the beneficiary designations of life insurance policies, annuities and retirement accounts.
3. Consider whom you would want to manage your assets and make health care decisions, if you would become incapacitated during your lifetime.
4. If you have minor children, think about whom you want to act as their guardians in the event of your death, and who should serve as their trustees.
5. Schedule a meeting with your attorney to discuss your goals and finalize your plan.