The golden glow of Colorado’s aspen trees is the highlight of leaf-peeping season. There are tons of places to see the gorgeous, yellow leaves, but here are some favorites:
• Rocky Mountain National Park – cruise from Estes Park to Granby or hike around Glacier Gorge.
• Kenosha Pass – drive the 10,000-foot pass from Conifer to Fairplay.
• Kebler Pass – a photographer’s paradise near Crested Butte.
• Guanella Pass – a breathtaking drive from Georgetown to Grant.
While early October tends to be peak viewing time, plan to go early this year because drought conditions have sped up the change in some areas.
– Leah Steinberg, The 100 Companies