February is American Heart Month, and in addition to confessing your love for someone on Feb. 14, it’s the perfect time to assess your own heart health and ways to improve and maintain a healthy heart lifestyle. In the U.S., heart disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women.
It’s also the most preventable. Keeping a healthy heart can begin with a few steps:
• Stop smoking.
• Eat fish at least twice a week.
• Keep hands busy with stress-reducing activities, such as knitting or painting.
• Move your body regularly.
• Cut unhealthy fats from your diet.
– MaryGrace Williams, The Atlanta 100