‘Tis the season for philanthropy. With so many causes in need, what do you support?
Stay local, where you can see change first-hand:
• Promote local businesses – they’re the lifeblood of your community and control the tax burden.
• Participate in holiday food drives – ensure your neighbors’ most basic needs are met.
• Sponsor local youth sports teams – with increased costs and decreased school support, this one’s a winner.
• Offer your skills – help in nontraditional ways with your own expertise.
• Support local families – help folks who’ve had a tough year.
Filling any local need is appreciated, and you’ll feel great doing it.