Natural gas pipelines provide essential fuel. These lines run under streets with smaller branches reaching into businesses and homes. If you are planning a home improvement project that will require you to dig, Xcel Energy encourages you to do the following to stay safe:
· Pre-mark your planned dig area
· Call 811 to request a pipeline locate
· Do not dig until your state’s wait time has ended
· Dig with care
· When using power equipment, hand-expose the line before operating the equipment
· Call 811 for re-verification should you lose the marks or have questions.
Dig smart and be safe!
– Sydney Ayers, SLJ 100 Communications