This year, make a goal to substitute some holiday gifts you buy from big-box stores for presents purchased from local purveyors. Some of my favorite places to do local shopping around Denver include:
• Marczyk Fine Foods for specialty food items, including pastas, sauces, prepared foods, and desserts.
• Queen City General Store for unique housewares, accessories and vintage clothing.
• The Stapleton Holiday BAZAAR from Nov. 29-Dec. 1, featuring more than 60 craft vendors.
• Your neighborhood brewery or distillery for a growler or bottle of your favorite libation.
• Tattered Cover Book Store for used or new books – both quirky reads and bestsellers.
– Emily Tracy, The 100 Companies